Zeekoegat School Project – 2016
Donations 2015-2016 R162’703
Social Services Grant R91’080
Interest Received R759
Total Income: R254’542
Accounting Fees R2’394
Assets (Photocopier) R8’929
Bank Charges R3’226
Cleaning Materials R1’814
Employees Costs – Teachers R96’352
Entertainment – Year End Functions R3’717
Feeding Scheme – 132 children R34’815
Repairs & Maintenance R27’665
Printing & Stationary R2’928
Security (Armed Response) R4’005
Sport & Recreation R18’509
General Expenses R8’948
Total Expenses: R215’126
Therefore with our donations in view we have managed to operate within and have saved R39’416 which will help with the year to come expenses.
Our next Audit will take place in February 2017 and we will be starting the school year with a Bank Balance of R43’723 + Social Grant R91’080 = R134’803 and a balance to be raised of approximately R80’000 to cut even with our expenses on average.
Our expenses at present are running at approximately R12’000-R15’000 per month of which the largest portion is Teacher Salaries = R9’500 per month for 3 additional teachers.
Scarves for Oudtshoorn
Louisa Lewie personally knitted 60 of the 120 scarves along with local ladies from Oudtshoorn. This project was spearheaded by Ida Lipschitz – Co-owner of Safari Ostrich Farm.
These mostly retired ladies in the Oudtshoorn Community spent the whole summer feverishly knitting away for less fortunate children. They have been knitting for years now for various needy children and send consignments of Jerseys, Beanies, Blankets and Dolls all over South Africa. We are very grateful that they chose to again Zeekoegat Primary & Play School with much needed scarves.
A big Thank-you for African Eagle Canadian Group that gave us boxes of Stationary, toys, hair items and so much more! The children were thrilled and will enjoy colouring in with all their new pencils and crayons.
Thank you to all our Benefactors for their donations to our Zeekoegat Project. We have been blessed with wonderful donations. Our children are doing so well when we started our project 9 years ago, we had an average pass rate of barely 40% now we are well over the 80%. This is largely thanks to your donations which allow for extra teachers and educational materials.
Goals for 2017
- Extra Remedial Teacher for Primary School – we require funding to the value of R48’000.00 for the year ahead. (R4000. Monthly a minimal salary)
- Vegetable Garden/s – we want to plant our new Vegetable Garden for Playschool and would like to put existing Vegetable Garden in a tunnel
- Kitchen/Office and Bathrooms & Kitchen Equipment required for De Zeekoe Play School, we have gotten first quote for 6m x 6m and the cost is R70’000
- Upgrade School’s power to allow for Computer Classes – R19’000
- Eye Tests for children–cost of Reading Glasses–approach organisations to assist.
- Feeding Scheme – continue to provide Healthy Balanced Meals for all the children
- Health Care – Vitamin Supplements required to assist in improving Health and Wellbeing of our children – malnutrition a problem
- Music Program and Facilities – music is proven to stimulate the brain
- Repair and Maintenance to Buildings – Paint, Cement work, etc
To all our benefactors that have donated towards our project we would like to say THANK YOU, all your donations make a difference daily in the lives of these children, we look forward to 2017 and will work hard to achieve our goals and add to them if we have the means to do so.
Zeekoegat Primary School Trust